Friday, March 23, 2012

365 Outfit Challenge: week 10

Recently a friend and I were having a conversation about the differences between when you're single and when you're in a relationship; namely the desire to go party.  Both of us used to have regular party phases, but now neither of us partake quite as much in nightly festivities.  It's a combination of being older, being there and done that, and our relationships.  I've always wondered what it is that makes taken people.. kinda boring?  Is it that you no longer have a need to pursue new sexual partners that makes you more content to just stay in?

Of course I had to bring it up to Mr. Artist.  I can always count on him to give me an objective opinion.  His answer? Yeah, it does become less fun to go clubbing if you're taken, but he said it was less fun for him because his FRIENDS weren't single mostly anymore, meaning they weren't as funny to watch running game.  I suppose that's a good answer???

While I (and you) ponder this, here is this week's outfit recap:


Sweater: H&M | Skirt: Aritzia


Mint sweatshirt: Aritzia | Leather leggings: Urban Outfitters | 

Finally bought a mint item! It's soft, it's pretty and it's glorious.


Sweater: F21 | Jeans: Citizens of Humanity | Shoes: Toms


Sweater: Aritzia | Jean shorts: Forever 21 | Pocket watch necklace: Front & Co.



Vintage silk shirt: Community | Leggings: Costco | Bracelets: vintage, Ishara, Pandora

Picked up this new baby while doing some lunch time shopping. $12 for a silk shirt!  Love the large floral print.


Find me!
Subscribe | Twitter | Bloglovin | Pinterest | Flickr

14 comments:

  1. I think you just need to have a partner that is active! Me and David still go out quite often because we like music and dancing but it's really easy to just stay in and watch tv.. I think not having cable helps with that though, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfits, I especially like the first one.

    For me, meeting up with friends became more about catching up with them (as our growing obligations pulled us in different directions) and it was easier to do over dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mint sweatshirt is too cute!

    My friends and I had the same conversation this weekend. Most of us are in relationships or married and it really isn't as fun dancing into the night anymore (and yes I'm old!)

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your vintage top!
    Haha I guess going to the club isn't as exciting anymore when you're taken. You're more reserved (well you should be) and you're not inclined to meet random people for the purpose of... dating them! Maybe if Ron was here, Mr. Artist would enjoy going out and watching him chase girls at Bar None or something!! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha it's totally true. Since Ron left, he hasn't gone out much at all!

      Delete
  5. love your last vintage top; it's so colourful. I think clubbing is something most people grow out of, esp. if they are married or are in a relationship. It's still fun to go out every now and then for a girls night to dance and be silly but what's so nice is to come home to your loving guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you look so good in the mint sweatshirt and leather leggings .. such a simple outfit but so sexy!

    In regards to the relationship, I think you hit it on the nail .. there is no longer a need to persue a new sexual partner .. so the excitment of getting yourself dressed up and having someone hit on you is gone .. I dunno .. after I got married, there was no desire to go out and party for me .. I had all the party I needed at home! =D

    Doesn't mean you can't go out with your couple friends to a club once in awhile and relive the glory days though .. except most likely everyone will want to leave the club at 10 .. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah 10? I don't even get ready till like 9:30!

      Delete
    2. LoL .. thanks for letting me know that .. now I feel even older~ hahaha

      Delete
  7. I love partying still, I've always been a bit of a party girl and love going out - having said that, I guess I have toned it down over the past couple years. I think having a boyfriend means you always have an excuse to take it easy when you're sort of sitting on the fence about a night out. I'm lucky too cause ALL my girlfriends are single!

    Loving the leather leggings look, though everything is chic as always with you!

    Alex xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still love to party too! Just don't get to go out so often :) We should have a blogger girl's night!

      Delete
    2. Why can't it be a girls and boys night out?? =P

      Delete
  8. all the outfits are so pretty! we love it!

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Comments are always appreciated, but spam/inappropriate comments will be deleted.